Aims and Mission
Our Aims and Ethos
St Wilfrid’s School aims to create an ethos of Catholic values, belief, practice and knowledge so that all children will have the opportunity to nurture their faith in a warm, caring and secure atmosphere.
At St Wilfrid’s we aim to develop, confident, ambitious individuals to become the best that they can be.
We aim to provide a set of moral values where they learn respect for themselves and others and a learning environment where they are challenged and encouraged to fully develop their skills and personalities.
To fulfil our mission statement, our aims are:
- To be a safe, happy, caring community of learners
- To help all individuals regardless of their race, gender or disability to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to achieve their full potential in a rapidly changing world
- To develop understanding of and respect for a wide range of religious values, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of life
- To encourage an enjoyment of life-long learning
- To encourage positive parental and community involvement
- To promote healthy lifestyles
- To provide a curriculum that is stimulating, broad, balanced, innovative and creative
- To celebrate achievement